Hi everyone and welcome to our first episode! Right now, we release new episodes every two weeks. They first air on Little Raleigh Radio on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. and again on Thursdays at 4 p.m. You can also find them here or on various podcast apps.
Below are links and info related to some of the projects we discussed. This first episode was a simple roundup of some (not all!) of the transit-related projects occurring in Raleigh. We covered: sidewalks, bicycling, cars (I-40), Union Station, and the Transit Tax.
Book that James mentioned: “Sidewalks: Conflict and Negotiation over Public Space” by Anastasia Loukaitou-Sideris
Fortify NC (I-40 Construction)
Union Station Stats
The project is estimated to cost approximately $87.95 million.
Current funding totals:
- USDOT TIGER 2012 Grant $26.5 million
- NCDOT TIGER 2012 Match $9 million
- USDOT TIGER 2013 Grant $11.5 million
- City of Raleigh TIGER 2013 Match $10.25 million
- USDOT ARRA Grant $15 million
- City of Raleigh $15.7 million